The UKVI has issued an information guide which stated that a property inspection report is required for all Entry Clearance Visa & Settlement applications.
These include applications for:
- Spouse visa and civil partners
- Fiancé(e)s and proposed civil partner
- Parents, grandparents, and other dependent relatives
The accommodation inspection will involve our surveyor assessing the property:
- 1) Is free from Category 1 and 2 Hazards under the Housing Act 2004.
- 2) Is in a reasonable state of repair.
- 3) Is not statutorily overcrowded under the Housing Act 1985, Part X and shall have sufficient space to accommodate both the current occupiers and the applicant.
- 4) Is free from conditions that may present a public health nuisance.